Are you looking to sell your house? Complete the form below to help us serve you better.
Why choose Lauren?
I have been involved in resort real estate sales since 1984. Through ongoing education, I have earned the designations of Graduate of the Realtors Institute (GRI), Certified Residential Specialist (CRS), and Certified Buyer Representative (CBR), as well as Associate Broker. With over 30 years experience in real estate sales and real estate development, I am able to apply a track record of success and my networking skills to help you reach your real estate goals. Some of my proudest business accolades include Coldwell Banker International President’s Elite and Coldwell Banker’s Top 100. As a resident of the Delaware beach area for 40 years, I know this area inside and out. I have established valuable relationships in the community, with a focus on charitable organizations and political organizations which have a direct impact on the well-being of the community. My high standards of confidentiality and professionalism combined with my extensive experience, all backed by the reputation and resources offered by Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage provide a formula for success. I look forward to working with you!
The Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage advantage:
Since 90% of home shoppers use the Internet as part of their home search, a comprehensive online marketing program is essential to generating the greatest possible demand for your home.
Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage uses its size and resource advantage to dominate the Internet, entering into national marketing relationships with the world’s top real estate sites. This creates the broad-based exposure for your home that makes it easy for buyers to find your property.
Through Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage’s alliances, your home will be exposed to a global audience of more than 16 million buyers on 725+ highly trafficked websites every day. We showcase properties on the dominant real estate-related websites, including realtor.com, Trulia, Zillow, Yahoo! Homes, AOL, and MSN. Ask me today about our comprehensive eMarketing program.
According to a survey by the International Association of Home Staging Professionals and StagedHomes.com, 95% of ASP staged homes sell on average in 11 days or less and sell for 17% more. Staging your home gives it an edge in the competitive marketplace and makes it memorable in buyers’ minds. Here is a guide to staging your home when marketing your home for sale, courtesy of HGTV Frontoor:
- Walk through each room and criticize the home from a buyer’s perspective.
- Consider getting a professional home inspection to see if any repairs are needed.
- Hire a contractor to handle any major projects.
- Consider getting an appraisal to find out your current market value.
- Hold a yard sale. Sell, donate or trash anything you don’t need.
Clean, Declutter, and Depersonalize:
- Thoroughly clean the entire home.
- Scrub tile in the kitchen and bathrooms.
- Clean hardwood floors.
- Steam clean carpets and drapes. Consider replacing carpet if stains are prominent.
- Get rid of all dust bunnies.
- Repair cracks and holes in the walls.
- Paint interior walls with neutral colors, like beige, cream or light pastels. Pale blues and greens are good for bathrooms.
- Remove excess and oversized furniture.
- Rearrange furniture to maximize space.
- Organize room closets and store out-of-season clothes.
- Remove all small appliances, toys, magazines and pet items.
- Remove family photos, personal collections and medications.
- Remove items from the garage and store them off site.
- Secure valuable items, including cash and jewelry.
Maximize Curb Appeal:
- Paint the home’s exterior, including trim, doors and shutters.
- Check front door, doorbell, address number and welcome mat.
- Power wash the siding and windows.
- Inspect the roof and make repairs as needed.
- Repair cracks in the driveway and sidewalks.
- Sweep the entryway and walkways.
- Mow, water and fertilize the lawn.
- Trim shrubs and trees and rake the leaves.
- Plant colorful flowers and shrubs.
- Store any toys or equipment lying on the yard.
- Clean up pet droppings.
- Clean the gutters and downspouts.
Pay Particular Attention to Kitchens and Bathrooms:
- Mop and wax/polish the floors.
- Clear the countertops.
- Replace outdated hardware.
- Clean appliances and fixtures.
- Clean and organize the pantry, cabinets and drawers.
- Replace old caulking around sinks and bathtubs.
- Remove stains from sinks, toilets and bathtubs.
- Keep all toilet seat lids closed.
- Hang fresh towels.
Appeal to the Senses:
- Bake cookies or burn scented candles.
- Offer light refreshments.
- Install higher wattage incandescent light bulbs to brighten rooms.
- Turn on all the lights.
- Open windows to let in fresh air.
- Open curtains or blinds to let in natural light and show off views.
- Turn off TVs.
- Relocate pets on the day of the open house.
- Refrain from smoking in the home.
Show Off Your Home’s Best Features:
- Remove rugs to show off hardwood floors.
- Pull back drapes to showcase nice views.
- Stage the front porch or deck with furniture and potted plants.
- Make sure fireplaces are in working condition.
- Clean the backyard and pool area.